Saturday, December 28, 2013

A Short Introduction to the Project

          I’ve been writing about discrimination for as long as I can remember. I wrote a fictional story with themes on racism when I was six or seven. In fifth grade, I wrote a paper on lookism and how it negatively impacts so many people. I wrote a long article about religious discrimination and different wars caused by it that summer, but was too nervous about how people might react to show that one to anybody. Since the years of my juvenilia, I’ve learned a lot more about and written more about world issues, especially inequality, and it was only a matter of time before this led to an interest in activism. 
          Now, as a teen, my goal is to educate more people about different kinds of discrimination, provide and raise awareness about victims of prejudice worldwide, and show people different ways of making a positive impact on the world and breaking down social barriers. Discrimination, hate crime, poverty, and hundreds of other forms of inequality are serious issues and are very important to me. My hope is that someday, all people will be given equal opportunities- despite their backgrounds, genders, races, sexual orientations, religions (or lack thereof) and disabilities. 
          This blog is a wake-up call to the people of today. Hate crime and discrimination are real, and I want to end them. The articles will contain information about different common social issues, causes of inequality, and ways that anyone can take action against discrimination, hate crime, and other issues in their community. Readers are perfectly welcome to comment with ideas for articles, so please give me feedback!
           So please: sit back, relax, and let me tell you all about how to- and why you should- improve the world. 

-Lily Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment