Thursday, January 2, 2014

The Three most Damaging Words to a Little Boy

          Hello, readers!
          Today I have something directed at the guys out there... Have you ever been told anything like "man up!", "grow some balls," or "boys don't cry"? Chances are, the answer is yes. Sadly, society at large has decided that masculinity means being buff, tough, and never showing emotion. I can't imagine having to go through life like that. Guys should be allowed to be sensitive or emotional as they see fit, and the gender stereotypes in our world are extraordinarily limiting. Most people view females as the most oppressed by society and the media, but here is a great video about how our culture and its screwed up standards of masculinity can damage guys so much. 
          -The Fox
          

       

3 comments:

  1. I would like to agree as most people have not notice how it's just flat out not to fair to be sexist about this kind of topic considering both women and men have emotion that has effects on their well everything really it's like pride to a eagle if a eagle has no pride it does not represent an eagle but mere look alike -JC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for agreeing. I know a lot of people choose not to speak up about this issue, because in our society, well... Girls are expected not to have guts, and guys are expected not to have hearts. I hope you'll continue to read my posts as I further explore this topic and others.

      Delete
  2. Of course I will
    -JC

    ReplyDelete